The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED-INDIA) Green Building Rating System is a nationally and internationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
LEED-INDIA provides building owners, architects, consultants, developers, facility managers and project managers the tools they need to design, construct and operate green buildings.
LEED-INDIA promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in the following five key areas:
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials selection
- Indoor environmental quality
LEED-INDIA rating system provides a roadmap for measuring and documenting success for every building type and phase of a building lifecycle.
- LEED® India for New Construction (LEED® India NC)
- LEED® India for Core and Shell (LEED® India CS)
LEED India certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building project meets the highest performance standards. The LEED India plaque awarded by the IGBC is a recognition of the project's achievement.
- Are leading the transformation of the built environment.
- Are built as designed and perform as expected.
- Have lower operating costs and increased asset value.
- Are healthy and comfortable for their occupants.
- Reduce waste sent to landfills.
- Conserve energy and water.
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Demonstrate an owner`s commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.